A Day at BEAM
On a typical day at BEAM, our school will look like, sound like, and feel like the following:
- Our atmosphere demonstrates that Learning is Our Business!
- The 12 Core Values of Teamwork, Wisdom, Justice, Courage, Hope, Respect, Responsibility, Integrity, Perseverance, Peace, Love, Soul are consistently exhibited by staff and students.
- Students wear khaki or navy pants, skirts, or skorts with a navy blue, light blue or gold polo shirt and black, brown or white shoes
- Students engage in 90 minutes of Reading (Success For All or Choices), 60 minutes of Math (Everyday Math or Prentice Hall) and 45 minutes of Social Studies, Science, Writing, Business & Economics, Physical Education, Art and Media Technology
- Homework is assigned on a daily basis
- Student knowledge is evaluated based on: NWEA Measures of Academic Progress (3 times per year) as well as curriculum and teacher-made tests
- Students receive a mid-quarter progress report in each academic subject
- Quarterly celebrations acknowledge student successes
- Students transition using the 1-2-3 transition procedure
- The morning broadcast that includes a weather forecast report and a stock market report
- Lion's Den Cafe is run by students under the supervision of staff
- After school activities such as: Millionaire's Club, Book Club, Pearls for Girls, Basketball, Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Volleyball, Softball and Karate