BEAM’s The Sky’s the Limit Academy
BEAM’s The Sky’s The Limit Academy (BTSTLA) is an academic-intensive learning opportunity for students entering grades 7th through 8th. The first annual Academy took place in July 2014. This two week program introduced students to the basics of career planning and how to save and invest for the future. Students learned how our free market economy works and about individual roles within the economy. The Academy focused on the steps students can take to build the skills needed to be successful in middle school, high school and beyond.
The goal of this program was to educate middle school students on the basic principles of personal finance, career planning, investing and economics. Special Features and Objectives of BTSTLA included:
• Identifying career interests and how to achieve your goals
• Introduction to how to prepare for college
• Writing and presenting a Career Report
• Recognizing the basic principles of personal finance
• Writing and presenting a Stock Analyst Report
• Learning the basic principles of our market economy and how it works
• Recognizing and applying the economic way of thinking
16 Students participated in our Summer 2014 Academy. Check out the fun they had in our video on You Tube .
Is this something you are interested in? Start planning for your financial future by participating in our Summer 2015 Academy.